Tuesday, March 31, 2009

30 Hour Famine


Hello one and all! I know it has been a long time since Colleen or I (or Carlon!) have posted on this blog. Part of that has to do with the fact that our camera and our home computer aren't 0n speaking terms right now (isn't technology great?).


However, I wanted to put up a quick post/request. This week the youth at Bethany are participating in the 30 Hour Famine that is run by Worldvision Canada. It is a great event where the participants choose to go without food for 30 hours and get sponsors to donate money to Worldvision. The money raised is used by Worldvision to help provide clean drinking water, food, medical care and other essentials of life for people in third world countries.


This year I'm partcipating in the Famine, just as I have for the last 3 or 4 years. So on Friday, April 3rd, at 6:00am I will stop eating and won't start eating again until noon on Saturday.


And, I'm wondering if you would be willing to sponsor me. Sponsors who donate $20 or more will receive a tax receipt from Worldvision. The easiest way to donate right now is to head to this website: http://tinyurl.com/ck4qdj


That is my personal donation website set up by Worldvision. You can donate by credit card at that site. Or, you can send me a message (email, facebook, twitter, phone call) and donate by cash or cheque. Whatever is easiest for you!


If you want more information about the Famine check out http://www.famine.ca/


Thanks for helping out!


Brad Reid

No comments: