Sunday, January 30, 2011

getting "ready"


Well, it's coming down to the end of it... the pregnancy that is. It seems like it's been an eternity, partly because I'm so impatient but, also because I was worried that I would have the same pregnancy experience as with Carlon and that was something I never want to relive. Almost as soon as we learned we were pregnant I wanted it to be done and to be able to cuddle this little one. Although I was anxious about the change it would bring to our little brood I was immediately in love and wanted to see it's face and snuggle it close. 40 weeks is a long time to wait and I haven't even got that far yet. I've often wondered why God chose 40 weeks thinking it is far too long but quickly realized that if God chose 30 weeks I'd still think it was too long.
Only 36 weeks and 4 days (As of Sunday) and with every second that passes I am entering into unchartered territory for me as I have never been pregnant this long. I think once 37 weeks hits I'll be jumping up and down and doing every other old wives tale I can think of to get this kiddo out into the world. Last Friday was a looong day as Brad and I were at the hospital for a procedure for myself related to the pregnancy. It took three times longer than expected and started later in the day than we were prepared for. Poor Carlon was up till 10pm at his auntie and uncle's. He wan't complaining when we got there but my poor sister, I'm sure, was exhausted. It is such a blessing to have family so willing to help when needed it took such a load of worry off our minds knowing Carlon was being well cared for during this time.

We have had several ultrasounds during this pregnancy, as with Carlon, and the baby keeps trucking along and I have done far better than last time. I thank you all deeply for your prayers and concerns. It has touched Brad and me so to know that our family is loved this way.

No comments: