Friday, November 7, 2008

so fast...

Everyone tells you it all goes by so fast and you know it's true because by now you've had a lifetime of experiencing things going by so fast (except when you're in school and summer vacation can't come fast enough) but, when you finally stop and think about how much time has gone by and you realize WOW!! Two weeks already! It just hit me today. Carlon is two weeks old. He's finally taking on more definite features (people are saying he looks like me) I think he looks like himself. All the facial expressions and he's already revealing preferences. (Daddy's much better at getting the burps than mama.) Thursday he had his follow-up Dr's appointment. He's doing what he's suppposed to do, gain weight... whew. The jaundice is clearing, and his cord came off. Now if he would only sleep as soundly at night as he does during the day. I went with Brad to the church tonight and visited with a bunch of people, there was so much noise everywhere we went and he slept right through it all. I think he finds the quiet to be too loud.

Brad went back to work this week and boy was he busy. It's amazing how much and how quickly things can pile up in a week. It was so great to have him at home the first week... this week was a bit of an adjustment for me, still so tired from the change in schedule, I'm unable to keep up with what needs to be done around the house because I just want to flake on the couch. Trying to not feel guilty about it. I do get an energy burst late at night...when I should be trying to sleep. At that point I end up doing laundry, dishes, general tidying up. Oh well... if I'm going to have a messed up schedule I might as well really mess it up. I should try sleeping during the day and stay up all night.

Wednesday was a beautiful fall day here in the lower mainland. A bright spot in a dreary week and it couldn't have come at a better time. I was starting to feel a little cabin feverish. So Carlon and I went for a walk. Not very far. Just a few blocks. I needed to cancel my car insurance and the autoplan place is nearby. Well, we got there and realized they needed my plates... which I forgot to bring. So, back home to get the plates, then back to the insurance broker. Then back home. Twice as much walking as I was planning on. And after two and a half months of bed rest, and resting the last week and a half. I have NO muscle tone. I might as well have run 5 miles, I was exhausted. But, Carlon got the UV he needed (for the jaundice) and I got out of the house. Now I have to wait for more good weather... (I guess I won't be walking again till april) It's been pouring buckets here the last couple days and it's not going to stop.

Well, not much more to share except some pics.















No comments: