Tuesday, September 20, 2011

the long road to sleep

sort of.

Nearly 2 months ago now Brad and I found a bedroom furniture ensemble for Carlon's room. A captain's bed, dresser, nightstand. We found it online at Sears and it was a good deal until the ordeal that followed. The whole ensemble arrived 2 weeks after ordering it with the wrong bed (grrr). We contacted them and told them of the error. 2 weeks later they were to come with the correct bed and take the incorrect one. Sadly the person who processed the transaction with me forgot to tell the warehouse that they were to bring the correct bed. They picked up the wrong one but it was another day until the correct one would come... at 8:40pm?!?
So ridiculous was the whole affair (and I didn't even mention how they handled the financial side of things) I will never be ordering anything online from Sears ever again and they will be lucky to receive any business from me in store either. But now as I type this it seems ridiculous to be complaining so when there are so many children in the world that A: don't have a bed B: a roof over there heads C: parents to by such things for them in the first place.
Attitude check complete.
So grateful for the bounty we have. Carlon loves his new bed, I'm glad his mattress is no longer on the floor and I think we're all glad we can move on from it all. Next is Noah's room then maybe one day ours (it's too much to hope for)

No comments: