At least that's what it feels like.
If you didn't know already and hey, if you only know anything about us by following our blog how would you know that we are moving up north. It's not like I've been terribly.... on point with keeping this spot updated. Sorry.
2012 was THE biggest year for us to date. You only have to read back a few posts to see that we have experienced more than enough the last couple years. Well, now we are on to more experiences as we have accepted a call to minister to the community of Terrace through Zion Baptist Church. We are down to the last few days in this house that has been our home for the last 4 years. It has done well for us and we are so grateful to Brad's parents for giving us a lift into the housing market.
So this week Carlon has his last few days at Beaver Creek Elemantary. *tears* He will be saying good-bye on Friday to his teacher and classmates. It will be a hard, sad day so please pray for us. Carlon talks about the move as if it's something you do every day. He isn't aware yet of the emotional difficulty of the "I'll probably never see you again" good-bye.
I'm such a basket case of emotion right now. I cried last night because Brad took our first stroller to a friends for spring clean-up. It doesn't even work anymore but it was another thing to say good-bye to.
Tip** don't leave all your good-byes to the last minute... it is too much.
Basically it takes very little for me to tear up these days.
So, lots to go through for our family and lots to pack up still.
We appreciate your prayers. No move is a small one and this is a big one.
In the past I have used this blog to lay out my thoughts and feelings about my walk with the Lord. Through encouragement from a friend I have decided to continue this blog as strictly a family update. So pictures, what the kids are doing, Brad's job and such. I have opened up a new blog for my basket case rantings and tears and joys. you can find it at faithfullunatic.blogspot.ca
This blog will be real, raw, hard to read sometimes as it will be part of my reluctant but obedient journey into the wild north. Hopefully it will also have joy, and strength and peace...
1 comment:
Hugs. May these next few weeks be filled with love from family and friends and peace from God.
Post a Comment