Well, we are at the first week of our new life, new home, new ministry in Terrace. We are mostly unpacked, slowly deciding where things should go. We have more space here but I am determined to not just fill up the space so we are intentional about what stays and what goes.
Currently Carlon is at school, Noah and Iain are napping and I am stealing time at the computer. I probably should be doing more unpacking and organizing but, since I rarely get any uninterrupted computer time I'm taking it. And good thing because I just realized I haven't posted in quite a few weeks.
After moving out of our place we moved into my sister's place for close to three weeks. It was not an easy time but it was good for the boys to be able to spend more time with their big cousins before we left. Although, going from seeing them every day for 3 weeks to seeing them every few days on the facetime has made them miss them even more. It's an adjustment to say the least.
Carlon is too much like me so crying at the drop of a hat is not surprising. And often can't give a reason for why he is sad.
Mostly thought the boys are doing fairly well. We said good-bye to auntie Laura yesterday and that was hard for them. Then my tear duct decided to get blocked so my head felt like it was going to explode.
We have all recovered from the trauma of yesterday so onward we go to settle in to our Terrace life.
I am at no shortage of things to do around the house and the neighbours are quite friendly for the most part. We are hoping to get to know them better.
homesickness abounding.....
1 comment:
Thanks for the update. Unpacking is hard work but I pray you will find joy in making your house a home.
Post a Comment