Wednesday, September 24, 2008

how time flies

Three years ago today we were married. A beautiful, warm, sunny Saturday (nothing like today). I still can't believe it's been three years. I think about when we first started dating and it seems like yesterday, but it can't possibly be yesterday because SO MUCH has happened in three years. And although they have been laced with ups and downs they have still been the best three years of my life to date.

Besides the landmark of our anniversary, the last week of this pregnancy has been very encouraging. My OB increased my activity level a little and gave me permission to go to my sister's baby shower. (She is due October 15th) It was a real treat to be able to go even though it was only for an hour and it was a surprise for my sister which made it even more enjoyable.

Yesterday I bought a stroller/car seat combo and Brad was quite excited to be able to put it together. It is the very first purchase we have made for baby and it really brought the reality home for me that we are actually starting to expand our family. You'd think 5 weeks of bed rest would do it but when there's nothing physical in front of you (other than an expanding belly which in your wildest dreams could be a tumor) it is hard to wrap your brain around the whole experience. It always seems so surreal.

Tomorrow I am official 32 weeks pregnant which is a big milestone in gestation. Of course full term is always the best but compared to 27 weeks (when the trouble started) 32 is miles better, and at 32 weeks I have a little negotiating power when it comes to increasing my activity level. So, another appointment with my OB this Monday September 29th and we'll see where we are.

We did take a few pictures of my belly the other day, but our camera is giving us some grief. Once we get that figured out we'll add those with a posting. Until then, if you can all imagine me with a big round belly you'll know exactly what I look like. Oh, and imagine me lying down too. Now you know exactly what I look like.

If you're wanting to know what stroller we bought just follow this link:

http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000Q81ODS/sr=1-11/qid=1222288964/ref=sr_1_11/002-4261160-6312826?ie=UTF8&searsBrand=core&mqnodeid=397279011

No comments: