Monday, September 29, 2008

Graduation Day!!!

This morning at 9:27 I received a call from the ante-partum nurse telling me that she had spoken with my OB and they were graduating me from the ante-partum home care program. This means that I have been such a good patient and have remained stable and because I'm past the 32 week mark they don't need to call me every day or visit me once a week to perform a non-stress test. I never minded the daily calls or even the visits, but to know that I'm far enough past a significant danger zone that even the nurses don't have to worry about me makes me feel so much better. I feel like I'm bound to make it to full term.
A couple hours later I was at my OB's office and he confirmed coming off the ante-partum program, plus.... he increased my activity level. YAY! I can go to the mall for a couple hours, or make meals, or do light housework like laundry or dishes. (No vacuuming though, darn.)
I'm still considered to be on bed rest though, just not as strict as before. That's ok, now I no longer feel like an invalid. Brad and I went to Wal-Mart on Saturday and babies 'r' us today to get some stuff so I can have my hospital bag packed and ready (just in case things happen earlier than later).
My belly continues to grow and on everything else the Dr checks on my visits I pass with flying colours. I'm getting back to feeling more like a normal prego.

1 comment:

Display Name said...

Awesome News. Hurray.

Jonathan Pirillo