Well, I must say that I enjoy Saturday mornings. This past week was pretty busy... as usual. I wasn't out of town at all which was nice but I did seem to spend a lot of time in the office working on my computer.
So, I suppose it is a bit strange that I'd spend a day off in front of another computer writing a blog. Of course, a lot of the stuff I do doesn't make too much sense.
Colleen and I went to the fall family banquet at the church last night but I was with the youth so we didn't get to sit together. I have concluded that if I am very full after a good meal I don't have as much patience with the youth as I normally would. It was a bit of a stressful time in the youth room last night but we managed.
We announced a new challenge to the youth last night. Last year we raised money to purchase hens and roosters through world vision. All together we raised just over $200 which bought two sets of hens and roosters. This year we're upping the ante and will try to raise $1200... enough to fill a stable with animals. Check out this link https://catalogue.worldvision.ca/Gifts/Forms/EventHome.aspx?eventId=247890 to see how we're doing towards our goal. Right now we're at 0% but give it time... we just started!!
This morning was great. We slept in, watched a bit of hockey, ate brunch (mmmm... biscuits!). Have I mentioned that I'm very glad that Colleen can cook/bake again?? Saturday mornings are much better with biscuits.
Brad
No comments:
Post a Comment